Spantech builds impressive wide span skillion roofs with minimal falls with several profiles in the Spantech product range.
A skillion roof is a roof with a single pitch.
Wide Spans, Continuous Lengths and Fast Construction
Because Spantech panels are rolled on site they can be manufactured to any length, providing continuous watertight roofs.
The deep profile allows a roof pitch as low as 1:100 or 1 degree.
The strong Spantech profile can span wider than typical roof sheeting significantly reducing the structural steel or trusses required in the building.
Select your profile
Spantech offers three different profiles capable of achieving wide-span skillion roofs:
|Woomera 300||Pinkenba 370||Longreach 800||Longreach 650|
|Wide span skillion roofs||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Wide span pitched roofs||✔||✘||✘||✘|
* Applications are subject to engineering design and approval
With a profile height of 110mm, the Woomera 300 profile can be used for pitched roofing. Spantech will design the apex flashing to suit the required pitch of the roof.
Advantages of wide span skillion roofs
The features and benefits of a Spantech skillion roof:
- No joins with continuous panels rollformed on site to any length
- Minimum pitch of 1 in 100
- Large cantilever eaves of up to 2 metres
- Less structural steel or trusses
- Less columns and less footings
- Minimal penetrations with panels clipped or bolted (rather than screwed) in place
- No issues with expansion and contraction due to the unique fixing method
- Fast construction
- Can be used with or without a ceiling
- Can also be insulated
Spantech straight panels are available in steel or aluminium with a wide range of finishes available:
- Pre-painted steel (Colorbond)
- Double-sided pre-painted steel (Colorbond)
- Galvanised steel
- Also available in natural or pre-painted aluminium
Spantech profiles were originally developed for roofing. But the strength and versatility of these unique profiles makes them cost effective and suitable for a wide range of applications.